Sigma Iota Alpha Inc., NYC
As Hermanas of Hermandad de Sigma Iota Alpha, Inc. our mission is to uphold the goals set forth by our thirteen founding mothers, who founded the organization on September 29th, 1990. We are a Latina-oriented Greek letter sorority. However, you do not have to be Latinx to join our organization. Most of our members come from different backgrounds and ethnicities. We vow to formalize, cultivate, and foster bonds amongst each other as sisters and abide by respect, trust, communication, professionalism, and accountability. Although we endeavor to constantly work together in achieving our goals, we value personal identity and individualism.
Our sorority has chapters across the states. We are the Beta Epsilon Regional Chapter of Hermandad de Sigma Iota Alpha, Inc. and we recruit members from five different schools: New York Institute of Technology - NYC Campus, City College of New York, John Jay College, Mercy College, and Lehman College.
As an organization, our goals are:
- To constantly strive towards the expansion of awareness of the Latino and diverse cultures.
- To promote sisterhood and leadership among members.
- To promote academic excellence and achievement among women.
We accomplish these goals by hosting diverse programs, from educational to social events, practicing community service, and encouraging personal development.
- President: Karina Zhuang - Senior at NYIT (NYC Campus)
- Vice President and Treasurer: Sheila Davila - Senior at Lehman College
- Secretary: Sage Altamirano - Senior at Mercy College
Sigma Iota Alpha Inc., NYC does not have a contact email provided.