Sigma Iota Alpha, LI
*Newest Charter on Long Island Campus!*
As hermanas of Hermandad de Sigma Iota Alpha, Inc. our mission is to uphold the goals set forth by our thirteen founding mothers, who founded the organization on September 29th, 1990. We vow to formalize, cultivate, and foster bonds amongst each other as sisters and abide by respect, trust, communication, professionalism and accountability. Although we endeavor to constantly work together in achieving our goals, we value personal identity and individualism.
Our personal organizational mission is:
- Hermandad de Sigma Iota Alpha, Inc. was created to enhance women’s awareness of their own culture as well as to promote an awareness of the Latin culture to others.
- We endeavor to foster a sense of pride for our heritage, and in doing so hope to tackle ignorance, prejudice, and racism.
- It is our firm belief that all cultures and origins need to be explored to foster a true understanding of the word “diversity.”
We exemplify the above with our Hermandad’s goals:
- To expand the awareness of the Latin and diverse cultures to the community at large
- To promote sisterhood and leadership
- To stand for excellence and education amongst women
|Budget Checkbook [ Starting Budget: $0.00 ]|
|Current Budget: $0.00|